Leave No Trace Australia Pt abides by the Australian Government National Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act, 2000.
Collection of your personal information is done over the Internet via our website. We will only collect, maintain and use Personal Information if it is necessary for us to adequately provide to you the services you have requested such as responding to your questions. Additionally, when visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. Information is recorded for statistical purposes and used by Leave No Trace Australia Ltd to monitor the use of the site to enable us to improve our service. The information we log when you access our website is:
- your top level domain name (eg .com, .gov, .au, .uk, .jp, etc);
- your server address;
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed;
- the previous site accessed;
- the type of browser used; and
- your operating system (e.g. Apple™ Macintosh™, Windows™, etc).
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the system’s logs.
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
We will not use or disclose Personal Information collected by us for any purpose other than:
- the purposes for which it was provided or for related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure; or
- where you have consented to such disclosure; or
- where the National Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure where required or authorised under law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
We will not disclose any of the personally identifiable information without your permission except under special circumstances. Any information collected by us will be treated confidentially and will not be used for any purpose, other than mentioned above.
When you use email we will record your email address but only use it for the purpose for which you provided it. It will not be added to a mailing list unless you have specifically requested this nor will we disclose it or use it for any other purpose without your consent.
To gain access to your personal information you may at any time, by contacting us, request access to your personal information and we will (subject to the following exceptions) provide you with access to that information. We will also, prior to providing access in accordance with this policy, require you to provide evidence of your identity.
We will not provide you with access to your personal information if:
- Providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of a person;
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- Providing access would be unlawful;
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
- Providing access would be likely to prejudice certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body or an enforcement body requests that access not be provided on the grounds of national security.
In the event we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal.
PRIVACY COMMISSIONER’S WEBSITE
If you have privacy concerns, please contact us for advice. You can also obtain further information from the Privacy Commissioner’s website.